This Blog Has A New Home!

This blog has been moved to www.SoftwareRockstar.com. Articles already here will remain intact, while new content will only be added to the new location at www.SoftwareRockstar.com.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

When Will They Learn?

Recently when Windows Live Writer Beta got realeased, I signed up with Microsoft Live Spaces to give it a test drive. I thought that by now Microsoft would have learned from their past mistakes, but boy was I wrong? The very first thing I noticed on Live Spaces was a huge ad banner across the top of my live space home page. I thought I would be able to customize my space and either get rid of it, or move it to the bottom where it's less distracting. Sure enough I can remove the banner, but only if I sign up for MSN Premium (read $$$). Haven't they already learnt from loosing the search engine battle to Google that distracting forced advertising do not work?

No comments:

New Articles On Software Rockstar