- A team of peers with clear accountability, shared responsibility and open communications. Each role is accountable for a specific share of the quality of the overall solution.
- Advocacy for all key constituencies that must be represented on a successful software project. Every perspective is represented to provide the checks and balances that prevent errors of omission and lopsided decisions.
- Stretch to fit to the scale necessary for the specific project. Constituencies may be combined in small teams or further refined as teams scale for larger projects.
- Understand, communicate, and ensure success from the standpoint of the economic customer requesting the solution.
- Business Value
- Customer Advocacy
- Product Planning
- Acts as customer advocate
- Drives shared project vision/scope
- Manages customer requirements definition
- Develops and maintains business case
- Manages customer expectations
- Drives features vs. schedule vs. resources tradeoff decisions
- Manages marketing, evangelizing and public relations
- Develops, maintains, and executes the communications plan
- Right solution is delivered at the right time and all expectations are understood, managed and met.
- Deployed solution will meet qualities of service & business objectives, and be viable in the long term.
- Project Management
- Solution Architecture
- Process Assurance
- Administrative Services
- Drives development process to ship product on time
- Manages product design and specifications
- Facilitates communication and negotiation within the team
- Implements and ensures standards
- Maintains the project schedule and reports project status
- Drives implementation of critical trade-off decisions
- Develops, maintains, and executes the project master plan and schedule
- Drives and manages risk assessment and risk management
- Implementation, estimates, high quality maintainable code and unit tests.
- Technology Consulting
- Implementation of Architecture and Design
- Application Development
- Specifies the features of physical design
- Estimates time and effort to complete each feature
- Builds and/or supervises building of features
- Prepares product for deployment
- Provides technology subject matter expertise to the team
- Ensure solution quality.
- Test Planning
- Test Engineering
- Test Reporting
- Ensures all issues are known
- Develops testing strategy and plans
- Conducts testing
- Reports test results
- Timely readiness and compatibility of infrastructure.
- Commercial Release Management
- Act as advocate for operations, support and delivery channels
- Manage procurement
- Manage product deployment
- Drive manageability and supportability trade-off decisions
- Manage operations, support, and delivery channel relationships
- Provide logistical support to the project team
- Provide user documentation and training
- Understand and communicate users’ context, and ensure usability from user perspective
- Technical Communications
- Graphic Design
- Acts as user advocate on team
- Manages user requirements definition
- Designs and develops performance support systems
- Drives usability and user performance enhancement trade-off decisions
- Provides specifications for help features and files
- Develops and provides user training